Debt recovery, mortgage defaults and commercial lease disputes have become significant areas of concern for many businesses, lenders and individuals. We represent our business clients, including lenders, landlords and borrowers, in both simple and complex debt recovery court actions, mortgage enforcements and commercial lease litigation. Our experienced lawyers and law clerks have the expertise and resources to provide our clients with reliable, sound advice and deliver efficient, cost-effective services.
Our clients include financial institutions, corporations and individuals in the enforcement of security against defaulting borrowers and tenants, as well as corporations and individuals who require our advice and legal representation in proceedings by their lenders and landlords. Because we are a multi-disciplinary firm, if litigation or real estate services are required, our lawyers are readily available to quickly assist and provide related services.
We will develop and implement a strategy based upon your objectives, meet time-sensitive deadlines and will negotiate on your behalf with purpose and conviction. Our advice is straightforward and intelligible, without the confusing legal jargon and we focus on achieving our client’s goals without “over lawyering” the file.
Our Debt Recovery, Mortgage Enforcement and Commercial Lease Litigation services include:
- Issuing demand letters, statutory notices and notices of sale under mortgage
- Court actions and applications, default judgment and summary judgment motions, obtaining and executing writs of seizure and sale and writs of possession
- Negotiating and completing sales under power of sale
- Deficiency claims against guarantors
- Mortgage insurance claims
- Certificates of Pending Litigation
- Commercial Lease disputes and litigation
- Real estate dispute resolution, title issues and other litigation related to real property
- Forest Hill Homes v. Wei, 2020 ONSC 5060
- Forest Hill Homes v. Wang, 2020 ONSC 556
- Forest Hill Homes v. Ou, 2019 ONSC 4332
- Marshallzehr Group Inc. v. 2305992 Ontario Inc. – Court File No. CV-19-00628446-00CL(00968364xC5AE2).PDF
- Lakewoods Resort Developments, Inc. v. Frontenac Mortgage Investment Corporation
- MTCC No. 596 v. Best View Dining Ltd. et al, 2017 ONSC 5655 (CanLII)
- MTCC No. 985 v Cheney, 2016 ONSC 64 (CanLII)
- MTCC No. 985 v Cheney, 2015 ONSC 7124 (CanLII)
- Sharon MacKay v. Metropolitan Toronto Condominium Corp., 2014 ONSC 2863 (CanLII)
- AIM Health Group Inc. v. 40 Finchgate Limited Partnership, 2012 ONCA 795 (CanLII)
- Aim Health Group Inc. v. 40 Finchgate Limited Partnership, 2012 ONSC 169 (CanLII)
- Stephen Donald Hancock (Applicant) v. Nick Rosati et. al. (Respondents) (2016)